Tips: Comparing Methods of Disinfecting Wastewater
The Benefits of Disinfecting with Chlorine
- Kills bacteria, viruses and is simple, inexpensive and easy to monitor.
- Flexible dosing enables greater control over disinfection since wastewater characteristics vary from time to time.
- Chlorine can eliminate noxious odors while disinfecting.
The Benefits of Disinfecting with UV
- UV disinfection is very low maintenance and only requires an annual bulb change.
- UV is a powerful disinfectant that can kill bacteria, viruses and parasites, but requires the water to be perfectly clean, low in minerals and free of iron and sediment.
- UV does not add anything to the water and does not have any by-product.
To learn more about these methods and discuss which is best for your system, contact Chris Gutschow.