Come join our team of water/wastewater professionals today!
Are you a certified water and/or wastewater operator – we want you! We offer a competitive compensation package that includes benefits that begin on date of hire, company vehicle, cell phone, uniforms, and much more. The Monroe City wastewater treatment plant consists of an influent pump station, bar screen, grit chamber, extended aeration, 2 storm water overflow basins, final clarifier, aerobic sludge digester, 2 sludge storage basins with a sludge production of 144 dry tons per year and it is land applied. The water plant is a conventional surface water treatment facility. We are also responsible for the distribution and collection at this contract.
Are you looking for a long-term career, where you can grow – this is an excellent opportunity! As an operator-in-training PeopleService will provide on-the-job training and assist you in becoming certified. You will be exposed to treatment plants and systems (collections & distribution) where you will manage machines, often through the use of control boards to transfer or treat water or wastewater by adding chemicals to disinfect water. You will inspect, maintain and repair equipment (blowers & pumps) to ensure they are operating at their optimum performance. Cleaning tanks, filter beds and other work areas are also part of the work duties. PeopleService offers a competitive compensation package, including benefits that begin on date of hire, company vehicle, cell phone, uniforms and much more. There is a shortage of certified water/wastewater operator, so begin your career with PeopleService today!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Missouri water and/or wastewater certification helpful but not required.
- Missouri distribution certification helpful.
- Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude to repair and maintain related equipment.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and must be insurable under our Commercial Auto policy.
- Computer knowledge required with experience in Microsoft Office a plus.
- Required to live within a 10-30-minute response time of Monroe City.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to this position and to the team.
- Required to work weekends and on-call based on a 6-person rotating schedule; therefore, must have the ability to respond to after-hour emergencies.