Accepting applications for a certified operator or a non-certified individual looking to begin a new career to work in our Hamilton location, as well as our Gallatin contract.
Some job duties:
- Manage a system of machines often through the use of control boards to transfer or treat water or wastewater by adding chemicals to disinfect water.
- Inspect, maintain and repair equipment to ensure proper operation – such as blowers and pumps.
- Monitor gauges and meters and accurately report readings.
- Accurately read utility meters, perform turn-ons and turn-offs as directed by city staff.
- Repair sewer and water lines, which may include using hand tools to dig, shore up, and various plumbing hand tools to repair pipe.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Missouri Class D water and/or wastewater certification preferred, but not required at time of hire.
- Able to perform math calculations using fractions and solve problems.
- Strong mechanical aptitude to repair related equipment.
- Valid driver’s license to operate company vehicle.
- Required to live within a 10-30-minute response time.
- Ability to be on-call for a 7-day period including weekends based on a 3-person rotating schedule.
- Able to respond to after-hour emergency call-outs.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to this position.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both orally and in written form, to provide a professional and courteous demeanor to clients, vendors, regulatory individuals, and customers.
- Must be comfortable working in confined spaces, around chemicals, in various heights, around unpleasant odors and in all weather conditions.
Hamilton’s water treatment consists of a primary rapid mix, primary up-flow clarifier, secondary rapid mix for caustic soda, an intermediate basin and four 77 sq ft rapid sand filters. Five lagoons make up the wastewater treatment system. Gallatin’s wastewater is a Class C activated sludge treatment facility with 2 final clarifiers using UV disinfection.