Immediate opening to work in the water distribution system in Andrew County. There are 446 water service connections with water meters and approximately 100 miles of mains. Will also assist the Nodaway County Rural Water District which consists of approximately 1,2000 miles of mains and 2,400 water service connections.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Distribution certification helpful but not required at time of hire.
- Strong mechanical and/or electrical skills to repair related distribution equipment utilizing various plumbing-type tools.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a related field (laying of pipe, plumbing, etc.)
- Required to live within a 10-30 minute response time of Fillmore.
- Skilled a providing prompt resolution to problems and conflicts as they arise using tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, self-starter who can work independently and establish a harmonious working relationship with several clients/customers.
- Required to work weekends and on-call based on a rotating schedule and must be able to respond to after-hour emergencies.
- Computer knowledge required with the ability to successfully operate a personal computer using Microsoft Office products and other work-related technology.