Maintenance Technician – Arlington, MN
Accepting applications for an individual who possesses strong mechanical skills to repair pumps, blowers and related water/wastewater equipment to work in our Arlington and surrounding area contracts. Excellent opportunity to obtain on-the-job training and coursework so you can start a career as a water and wastewater operator.
PeopleService provides benefits that begin on date of hire:
- Health insurance, including dental.
- Matching 401(k).
- Company-paid life and disability benefits.
- Uniform allowance.
- In-house safety training.
- Use of company vehicle to/from work/home if you live within 10 minutes of facility.
- and much, much more.
What will you be doing?
- Monitoring machines through the use of control boards to transfer or treat water or wastewater by adding chemicals to disinfect water.
- Inspecting equipment.
- Monitoring meters and gauges and reporting the readings accurately.
- Collecting samples.
- Cleaning and maintaining tanks, filter beds and other work areas.
- Reading utility meters.
- Working indoors and outdoors in all types of weather. Exposed to noise from machinery and some times unpleasant odors, working in confined spaces, heights and underground.
What will make you successful?
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong mechanical background in order to diagnose and repair related equipment, such as blowers and pumps.
- Dedicated and committed to providing excellent customer service using tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting skills with the ability to prioritize the workload.
- Demonstrate initiative to get the right job done with minimal supervision.
- Will be required to work weekends and on-call based on a rotating schedule; therefore, must be able to respond to after-hour emergencies.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license to operate company vehicle, as well as a clean driving record to be insurable under our auto policy.
- Must live within 10-30 minutes of Arlington.
- Ability to operate a personal computer using Microsoft Office products, is required.
Now is the time to start you career as a water/wastewater operator and for a great company that believes in protecting consumers and the environment, as well as making employee safety their top priority!