Looking for a detail oriented professional individual, who is organized, self-motivated, fast learner, dependable with good analytical skills to prepare utility bills on a regularly, scheduled basis as per the various city’s billing schedule. The work environment is fast-paced with high phone volume and deadlines.
- Managing and maintaining the utility billing information system.
- Responding to and interacting with clients and/or citizens concerning all aspects of billing through phone, email, regular mail or personal contact in a prompt and courteous manner. Coordinate and work closely with citizens, meter readers and client’s representative to resolve any discrepancies.
- Preparing daily deposits.
- Sending delinquent notices to citizens and handle the termination of water services on those delinquent accounts.
- Preparing monthly statements and/or reports concerning revenue and expense transactions for the various clients.
- Maintaining an accurate filing system and logging clear notes into the information system.
- Performing other related functions as assigned or apparent.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two-to-three years’ experience in utility billing or accounts receivable.
- Knowledge of specialized software used for billing customer accounts.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience dealing with customers providing courteous and professional phone communication, as well as written communication.
- Ability to diffuse and skilled in handling escalated consumer calls tactfully to achieve optimum resolution.
- Must possess excellent prioritization and organizational skills in order to keep the workload on task to meet demanding deadlines.
- Must be able to be bonded.
- Ability to work independently and use good judgement.
- Must be able to work in a team environment to ensure deadlines are met.