Wastewater Operator – Chariton, IA
Accepting applications for a certified wastewater operator to work in our Chariton contract. As the operator of the wastewater plant, you will be responsible for safe, compliant operations. This is an excellent opportunity to increase your certification since the facility is classified as a Grade III treatment facility.
- Wastewater certification.
- Oxidation ditch treatment experience a plus but not required.
- Wastewater experience required, but will substitute Associates degree in a WET program.
- Strong mechanical skills to repair equipment.
- Initiate and drive to achieve higher certification a must.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record.
- Required to live within a 10-30 minute response time.
- Required to work weekends and on-call based on a rotating schedule of every other weekend.
- Must be able to respond to after-hour emergencies.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a personal computer using Microsoft Office.