Wastewater Operator III – Chariton, IA – $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus
Accepting applications for a certified Iowa Class III wastewater operator or ability to obtain within 6 months to work in our Chariton contract, which consists of an oxidation ditch with 7 lift stations throughout the city.
- Responsible for the safe, efficient and effective operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment facility as well as collections and pumping facilities along with 1 additional employee.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with clean driving record to operate a company vehicle, which can be driven to/from work/home if living within a 10-minute response time to the facility.
- All employees are required to live within a 10-30 minute response time and the ability to respond to after-hour emergency callouts.
- Will participate in the on-call and weekend rounds schedule.
- Strong mechanical skills to repair related equipment a must.
- Must have initiative to work independently with minimal supervision to ensure the Company is meeting all contractual obligations.
- Ability to operate a personal computer using Microsoft Office products is essential to the job.
- Water certification or experience would be helpful but not required.
Sign-on bonus will be paid out to Grade II or III certified operators with half being paid at time of hire and the last half paid upon attainment of an Iowa Grade III wastewater certification or in 6 months, whichever is later.