Wastewater Operator III – Chariton, IA
$2,000 Sign-on Bonus
Accepting applications for a certified Iowa Class III wastewater operator or ability to obtain within 6 months to work in our Chariton contract, which consists of an oxidation ditch with 7 lift stations throughout the city.
- Responsible for the safe, efficient and effective operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment facility as well as collections and pumping facilities along with 1 additional employee.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with clean driving record to operate a company vehicle, which can be driven to/from work/home if living within a 10-minute response time to the facility.
- All employees are required to live within a 10-30 minute response time and the ability to respond to after-hour emergency callouts.
- Will participate in the on-call and weekend rounds schedule.
- Strong mechanical skills to repair related equipment a must.
- Must have initiative to work independently with minimal supervision to ensure the Company is meeting all contractual obligations.
- Ability to operate a personal computer using Microsoft Office products is essential to the job.
- Water certification or experience would be helpful but not required.
Sign-on bonus will be paid out with half being paid at time of hire and the last half paid upon attainment of an Iowa Grade III wastewater certification or in 6 months, whichever is later.