Accepting applications for a certified wastewater operator for Winsted, MN. Winsted is a one-person facility, however, will assist and receive assistance from other nearby locations. This is a Class A wastewater treatment plant consisting of 6 lift stations, including 2 main lift stations, mechanical fine screen, vortex grit separator, one anaerobic tank for biological phosphorus removal, 2 oxidation ditches, a rapid mix manhole for chemical addition, two 44′ diameter covered final clarifiers, a 4-cell gravity sand filter, UV disinfection, reaeration basin, and an effluent lift station. Bio-solids management consists of 2 mixed storage tanks with land application. Various activities could include site visits to other locations, meter reading, shutoff/turnons, land application of sludge, discharging lagoons, etc.
- “A” wastewater certification preferred, will consider lower certification levels.
- Type IV bio-solids certification needed for position, but not at time of hire.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record.
- Strong mechanical skills to repair related wastewater equipment.
- Required to live within a 10-30-minute response time of Winsted.
- Able to work on-call for a 7-day period including covering weekend rounds based on a rotating schedule; therefore, must have the ability to respond to after-hour emergencies.
- Computer knowledge and experience required.