Water/Wastewater Operator – Fulda, MN
PeopleService will be providing contract operations to the City of Fulda, MN beginning March 1, 2019 and we are accepting applications for a water/wastewater operator.
Located in southwest MN and located on beautiful Seven Mile Lake. Three schools – elementary, high school and St. Paul’s Lutheran school. Home of the Wood Duck due to the large number of colorful wood ducks that migrate through the region and man-made nests attached to trees are common throughout the city.
- Strong mechanical skills to repair water/wastewater equipment.
- Prior experience in a related field a must, such as plumbing, pipe laying, etc.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated initiative to do what needs to be done.
- Excellent problem-solving.
- Ability to prioritize the workload to meet expectations.
- The State of Minnesota requires the operator to possess a Class C water, D wastewater and Type IV bio-solids certifications.
- PeopleService will provide certification coverage while incumbent gains on-the-job training and pursue educational opportunities to test for the various certifications.
- Must demonstrate a desire to learn and advance in this field of study, showing initiative and self-discipline.
- Live within a 10-30 minute response time
- Required to work weekends and on-call based on a rotating schedule.
- Must be able to respond to after-hour emergencies.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record to operate company vehicle and be insurable under our commercial auto policy.
DESCRIPTION OF FACILITY
There are 5 production wells in the Class C gravity sand filter iron and manganese removal water treatment plant. In addition, there is a underground storage clear well, 2 high service pumps, and an elevated storage tower. The water distribution consists of various mains, valves and hydrants. The wastewater facility is a 2-cell stabilization pond with 1 lift station in the collection system.