Accepting applications for a strong mechanically inclined individual who can repair related water and wastewater equipment, such as pumps, blowers, etc. This individual will gain valuable hands-on experience and PeopleService will help you become a certified water/wastewater operator.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong mechanical aptitude to monitor equipment and gauges, and know when equipment needs repaired or maintained, such as pumps, blowers, etc.
- Computer knowledge required with experience in Microsoft Products a plus.
- Exceptional analytical and math skills to perform calculations using formulas.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record.
- Dedicated to pursuing appropriate certifications within identified time frames.
- Demonstrate initiative, know what tasks need to be completed without a lot of direction.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. Need to feel comfortable conversing knowing when to use tact and diplomacy. Committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Required to work weekends, holiday and on-call based on a rotating schedule; therefore, must have the ability to respond to after-hour emergency call-outs.
- Required to live within a 10-30 minute response time of facilities.
This position will primarily work in the Malvern, Glenwood Mobile Home Park, Hastings, Pacific Junction, Randolph and Risen Son in Council Bluffs, but will also assist in Carter Lake reading utility water meters or assist at other surrounding locations during emergencies. All interviewed applicants will complete a basic math and writing test.