Accepting applications for a new contract in Onawa, IA. Onawa’s Grade II water consists of 3 production wells with individual hypochlorite pumps, a water filtration plant consisting of aeration, detention tank, 3 rapid sand filters, 2 clear wells and 4 high service pumps. The Grade II wastewater treatment plant includes pre-treatment, a primary and final clarifier, trickling filter and the sludge is treated in an anaerobic digester. Incumbent will also be responsible for the distribution and collection system, as well as, maintenance/replacement of water meters.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Iowa Grade II water and/or wastewater certification preferred or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Distribution II certification preferred or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- 1-3 years’ experience in water/wastewater and an associates degree from a WET program can substitute for experience.
- Prior experience scheduling, prioritizing and motivating others displaying tact, diplomacy and a positive attitude.
- Strong mechanical skills to repair related equipment, such as pumps and blowers.
- Less than 1-year experience in a related field (laying of pipe, plumbing, working on farm- or industrial-related equipment).
- Ability to work independently utilizing excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize the workload.
- Communicate both orally and in written form that is well-organized, courteous and effective.
- Ability to operate computer and related software, such as Microsoft Office.
- Required to live within a 10-30 minute response time of Onawa.
- Required to work weekends and on-call based on a rotating schedule; therefore, must have the ability to respond to after-hour emergencies.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record.