Accepting applications for an entry-level water/wastewater operator to work in our Virginia, MN and surrounding contracts. As an operator of the water/wastewater plant, you will be responsible for safe, compliant operations. Excellent opportunity to increase your certifications and gain on-the-job training since both the water and wastewater treatment facilities are classified as A treatment facilities.
The wastewater facility is a 5 mgd activated sludge treatment process with UV disinfection. The water system is a surface water treatment facility designed to treat 5 mgd.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong mechanical aptitude to repair related equipment such as blowers and pumps.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record.
- Required to live within a 10-30-minute response time of Virginia.
- Ability to work weekends, holiday, provide one-week on-call and respond to after-hour emergencies.
- Must be able to operate a personal computer using Microsoft Office products.
- Water and/or Wastewater D certifications helpful but not required at time of hire.
- Type IV bio-solids certification helpful but not required.