Water and/or Wastewater Operator – Humboldt, IA
Accepting applications for a certified water and wastewater operator to work in our Humboldt, Iowa location. The Humboldt location consists of 5 employees who are responsible for a lime-softening water plant, an activated sludge treatment plant, as well as the collection and distribution systems.
Will perform a variety of skilled, technical and administrative work in the operations, repair, maintenance and replacement of complex equipment and treatment processes:
- Monitor/observe variations and interpret the performance of water/wastewater equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair on machinery and equipment.
- Perform routine and non-routine laboratory tests and analysis.
- Maintain accurate records and reports for the required government agencies as well as our client – the City of Humboldt.
- Perform meter reading of utility water meters and accurately report readings to the City’s billing department. This includes turn-on/turn-off, high consumption inquires, etc.
- Ensure the general maintenance of the grounds, buildings, and equipment, including vehicles, are tour-ready.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Water and/or wastewater certifications strongly preferred. Priority given to certified candidates.
- Distribution certification preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in water/wastewater treatment or related field (plumbing, pipelaying, etc.). AS in a WET program can substitute for experience.
- Strong mechanical skills to repair related water/wastewater equipment, such as pumps, blowers, grinders, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting skills with the ability to prioritize the workload.
- Experience providing work direction to a crew or team highly desired. Must be able to efficiently direct the workload ensuring work is completely timely, using tactful measures such as coaching and mentoring.
- Dedicated to providing excellent customer service to our clients, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record. CDL with tanker endorsement preferred or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Required to live within 10-30 minutes of Humboldt.
- Required to work weekends, holidays, and on-call based on a rotating schedule. Must be able to respond to after-hour emergencies.
- Skilled at operating a computer, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite.
To to the top of this webpage and under the “Work With Us” select “Apply”. It will take you to an on-line application.