Water/Wastewater Operator or Operator-in-Training – Eagle/Greenwood, NE
Accepting applications for a certified water/wastewater operator to be responsible for the day-to-day operations/maintenance in our Eagle/Greenwood locations. Will consider non-certified applicants who possess a strong mechanical background to repair related equipment with the expectation they will work towards obtaining certification.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for operations and maintenance of the water/wastewater treatment facilities under contract in and around Eagle and Greenwood, NE.
- Monitor, observe variations, and interpret the performance of all equipment, gauges, meters, SCADA, control panels and charts to determine appropriate processing requirements to ensure water is safe for consumption and treated wastewater does not degrade the environment.
- Perform maintenance, repair and document such on machinery and equipment, such as blowers and pumps.
- Extract samples and perform routine and non-routine lab tests and analysis.
- Maintain accurate records, reports and logging of all information required in water/wastewater treatment operations. Prepare monthly operations and performance reports for our clients.
- Ensure the general maintenance of our customer’s buildings and grounds are maintained for tour-ready presentation.
- Represent the company in a courteous, helpful, and business-like attitude, responding to customer complaints/concerns in a fair and expeditious manner.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to this position to meet our contractual obligations.
Eagle’s wastewater systems consists of 3 lift stations and an activated sludge/oxidation ditch basin with final clarifier, gravity thickener, anaerobic sludge digester and UV disinfection. Designed to treat an average daily flow of 265,000 gpd with a peak hourly flow of 1,060,000 gallons. Greenwood’s distribution system consists of 2 production wells while the wastewater treatment is an extended air activated sludge plant with UV disinfection.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record (cannot have a DUI on record that is less than 5 years or habitual violations).
- Strong mechanical aptitude and experience to repair blowers, pumps and related equipment.
- NE Grade IV water certification preferred but not required at time of hire.
- NE Grade II wastewater certification preferred or ability to obtain.
- Strong initiative and work ethic to ensure all contractual obligations are completed with the required timelines.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally or in written form, to provide customer service that is courteous, factual, tactful and demonstrates a professional image.
- Must be able to operate a computer with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- Required to live within a 10-30 minute response time of Eagle/Greenwood.
- Must have the ability to work weekends and on-call based on a rotating schedule, and must be able to respond to after-hour emergencies.
Must regularly lift/move up to 25# and occasionally lift/move up to 100#. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly exposed to toxic/caustic chemicals, fumes, airborne particles/blood borne pathogens, as well as work in confined spaces. Position requires the incumbent to actively demonstrate safety procedures. Safety is very important to us and all operational personnel are required to attend company-sponsored safety training each year, which covers a variety of topics each year.
- Company provided vehicle to use to/from work/home.
- Company uniforms & cell phone.
- Health insurance, including dental that begin on date of hire.
- Company-paid life & disability insurance.
- Matching 401(k) Plan.
- Annual safety training.
- 10 paid holidays.
- Paid sick and vacation.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Much, much more…